Friday, April 9, 2010

"Why can't we all just get along?"

(Title courtesy of Rodney King)

My friend HSCFree of The Well Spoken Negro's Salon (link to the right) did a post about Bill O'Reilly volunteering to cover the costs of a father of a fallen marine who's been ordered to pay the legal expenses of the Westboro Baptist Church incurred during a lawsuit to stop their protests.

In my comment on his post, I said that I was of a mixed mind about this, as I believe very strongly in free speech and the right to protest. I went further and said that it would take someone more intelligent than me to come up with a solution to this problem.

Well, color the people of West Virginia my intellectual superiors. I was alerted to the happenings in WV by my friend Brian who lives near Charleston, the lovely capitol of that state. Seems WBC has decided that those vile heathens in WV need their particular brand of salvation, and plan to be there all week. Follow this link to see what the people in WV have done to counter the protests.

Brian has promised to keep me updated and send me pictures of his part of the protest and I will happily revisit this topic when he does so. I'm fairly proud of him and all the people of West Virginia right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment