Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Reintroduction...of sorts

So, my last attempt at blogging was a kind of therapy for me. It wasn't all that successful. I learned a lesson from it, though, which was invaluable to me nonetheless.

The lesson was: I don't need validation. There's nothing wrong with me unless I let it be.

Now, more than a year later, I've decided that I have something to say again. Perhaps it could be better voiced by someone else, perhaps not. But with all the changes in the past two years I believe that now, possibly more than ever, every voice should be heard, if only to counteract the voices that would try to harm me and my interests.

The title of this new blog comes from a quote by Plato: "Human behavior flows from three main sources: desire, emotion and knowledge." Though seemingly simple, there is a universe of truth in that statement. I like it.

Now for the condensed biography. I'm a gay man living in Spartanburg, SC. I'm a recovering Catholic and currently practice a simple version of wicca mixed with ethical compassion. See relevant links in the side posts. I have a partner of little over a year and, though it hasn't been perfect the whole time, it's a good thing. As Larry King said once "When America finds out that gays are as boring as the rest of us, it's all over." ;-)

The purpose of the blog this time is to combine those three qualities mentioned by Plato to try and come to a conclusion on things that I find interesting, that bother me, that perplex me or that make me happy. If there is discussion to come to these conclusions, so much the better.

Regardless, welcome. I don't know if it'll be worth reading or not, but I promise it won't be boring. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment