Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Emotion can be a powerful motivator

So I was working on a post last night dissecting the Manhattan Declaration, but I found out that I'm really, really rusty on writing those kind of analytical papers.  I'll struggle on with it, though and share it with you when I feel it's worthy of reading.

But the emotions that I felt, not only from reading that piece of vileness disguised as morality, but from other things going on these days in both my own life and the world, refused to be bottled up.  Something else I'm rather rusty on is writing poetry.  I haven't set down pencil to paper to write verse in, well, longer than I'd care to admit.  Early this morning though, the words just seemed to come, so I thought I'd share them with you.

LOVE LIKE JUSTICE
That statue up there --
The one with the scales,
You know her.
That's my love - eyes plucked out
By those who tell me
I've no right
To see his face as he
Puts a ring on my finger.

TO OUR FIERCE ALLY
There's all kinds of allies.
Daniel had a Strong Ally
When God made those lions
Lie down before him.
Timmy had a Faithful Ally;
Lassie was always there
After all.
Hell
Even Ol' Bush had a Determined Ally
Who'd say "Fuck You"
When needed.
Mr. Obama, I think you need
To look up the words
"Fierce" and "Ally"
In Webster's.

DAMN YOU, BP
I'd like to say the only
Oil I use is to cook --
But then I remember plastic.

THE WORLD I KNOW
I know Wiis
But I remember Ataris.
I know Ipods
But I remember 8-tracks.
I know the Internet
But I remember BBS.
I know cell phones
But I remember party lines.
I know inner peace
But I remember god.

2 comments: